alaskanbookie

Alaskan Bookie

I am a passionate devourer of chocolate and books. I also listen to audio books and drink chocolate. When I die, I don't want to be embalmed, I want to be dipped!

What Stays in Vegas - Beth Labonte This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie Website at:http://alaskanbookie.com/review/what-stays-in-vegas/This is an amusing story about Tessa Golden who is not in the career of her choice. She is working in an office as an administrative assistant, not in an art studio as an artist likes she wants. She compensates for her lack of an artist job by making cute little paperclip sculptures. She also gets to see her x-crush every day. She just smiles and sucks it up day after day. All of that is about to change when she is sent to Las Vegas to work as an assistant to one of her bosses, Kendra.With the change of location also comes a much needed break to her routine job. Her work in Las Vegas comes with a luxury suite, luxury car, and a hottie co-worker. Although she now has to deal with the client from hell and a boss on the edge of a breakdown, things seem to be going pretty good. That is until her x-crush shows up and wants to get something going with her.This was a funny and light hearted read. It was nice because even though Tessa had a bunch of drama in her life, the book wasn’t over dramatic. The author kept things to the lighter side so you could feel Tessa’s pain but still laugh along with the way she dealt with it. The story moved along at a really good pace and didn’t bog down. I will look forward to reading more of Beth Labonte’s books in the future.