alaskanbookie

Alaskan Bookie

I am a passionate devourer of chocolate and books. I also listen to audio books and drink chocolate. When I die, I don't want to be embalmed, I want to be dipped!

Out of Reach - Jocelyn Stover This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie website at:http://alaskanbookie.com/review/out-of-reach/My ReviewThis was an interesting story about Gwen, who has hidden talents and Kade who wants to discover what those talents really are. The story started out kind of slow with lots of descriptive stuff about how Gwen was living her life as a researcher at a Pharmaceutical company. She has two close friends, Melanie and Kade, who hang out together all the time. Kade and Melanie also work at the same company as Gwen but in different departments.Gwen is working hard to discover a new drug but is having stability issues with the compound she is working with.Kade is a wanderer along with 11 of his other buddies and they are trying to control any slyphs that escape from their sylph globes. They need someone with Angel blood to help seal the slyphs back into their globes. Kade believes that Gwen is one such being and has been keeping tabs on her for years waiting to see if she manifests any special abilities.Through the book you find that Kade and Gwen may be getting closer and almost hope that something will happen between them. Although Gwen may have some feelings for Kade, she also has a relationship with a hot fireman so she is not willing to give into those feelings. Kade has no such reservations and is perfectly willing to run off with Gwen. This is the first in the Wanderer series and I was happy it did not end with a cliff hanger. It did end in a way that you just know that there will be more to tell about the whole Kade, Gwen, and the bad slyphs thing. I am looking forward to the next in the series. If it was already out, I would have started reading it right away!** Note **I received this book free from the Author and Pure Texuality in exchange for an honest review. I received no chocolate or any other compensation in exchange for my review.