alaskanbookie

Alaskan Bookie

I am a passionate devourer of chocolate and books. I also listen to audio books and drink chocolate. When I die, I don't want to be embalmed, I want to be dipped!

Cast in Dark Waters (Cemetery Dance Novella Series, #11) - Ed Gorman,  Tom Piccirilli,  Leah Frederick This review was originally posted on my Alaskan Bookie Website at: http://alaskanbookie.com/review/cast-in-dark-waters/My ReviewThis was a great little paranormal pirate story. The lead pirate was a lady named Crimson. That’s right a girl pirate and boy was she tuff! She was paid for a voyage to help a couple find and return their daughter, who they believe is being held against her will on a haunted island. Crimson believes her husband was also lost on or near the island so she is determined to find the island and recover them both.The life of pirates always makes for a great adventure story and this story hits the mark. At first it was a bit confusing for me, but as the story got going and I got comfortable with the terminology, it really picked up speed. It was a little too short for me and the ending did leave a bit of mystery to continue on to the next story.Even though this was number 11 in the series, I think they are all stand-alone books and I did feel like you could listen to this book without hearing the previous 10 books.The Narration ReviewThis audiobook was narrated by Leah Frederick. She has a clear voice and did well for the different character voices and accents she used in this story.** Note **I received this audiobook free from the Audio Jukebox Solid Gold Reviewer Program and the publisher in exchange for an honest review. I received no chocolate or any other compensation in exchange for my review.